When you think of a place like Tanzania, one can only think of is safari’s, but Tanzania is more than that. Here you can find some of the best beaches on earth as well. Let’s explore some of the must see places in Tanzania:
1) The Serengeti National Park: Situated in Northern Tanzania, the park offers the absolute classic African safari setting. Here you can view the migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra since it starts from here. The vast expanse of grasslands make the Serengeti fantastic for spotting lion kills because you can see the whole spectacle clearly.
2) Mount Kilimanjaro, Northern Tanzania: Africa is known as one of the best destinations for adventure travel, and nothing can be more adventurous than hiking up the world's tallest free-standing mountain. Africa's highest peak, Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, stands at 19,340 feet (5896m) and it will take you 6 days to conquer. The exciting thing about this mountain is that anyone who is fit and determined can make it up. No special climbing equipment or expertise is needed.
3) Zanzibar: Located on the east coast, Zanzibar is one of Tanzania's top destinations because of its fascinating past and its incredible beaches. Zanzibar's location in the Indian Ocean has made it a natural trading center throughout its history. Some of the surrounding islands offer total paradise for the luxury traveler, Mnemba island is absolutely idyllic for a romantic vacation.
Stone Town, Zanzibar's capital, another must see destination when in Tanzania. It is a World Heritage site that boasts beautiful traditional houses, narrow alleyways, a Sultan's palace, and many mosques.
4) The Selous: Situated in southern Tanzania, the Selous is Africa's largest reserve, a world heritage site, and not as crowded as the Serengeti. You can see elephants, cheetahs, black rhinos, African hunting dogs, and plenty of hippos and crocodiles. Walking safaris are also popular here along with the night drives.
5) Tarangire National Park: This park is a popular day trip for those following a standard northern safari itinerary, but its dotted landscape and numerous dry river beds are worth much more time. During the dry season, Tarangire has one of the highest concentrations of wildlife in Tanzania. It's an excellent spot for those who love watching elephants, zebra, giraffe, impala and widlebeest. Its is even a good place to enjoy a walking safaris and an excellent birding destination.