In the quiz we had asked to guess the beautiful picture and yes it was the rugged and famous 12 Apostles.
1) These magnificent rock stacks that rise up majestically from the Southern Ocean on Victoria's dramatic coastline. They are created by constant erosion of the limestone cliffs of the mainland beginning 10-20 million years ago, the stormy Southern Ocean and blasting winds gradually eroded the softer limestone, forming caves in the cliffs.
2) The caves eventually became arches and when they collapsed rock stacks up to 45 metres high were left isolated from the shore. You can view the 12 Apostles at sunrise and sunset as they change colour from dark and foreboding in shadow to brilliant sandy yellow under a full sun. The Apostles are located 275 kilometres west of Melbourne, approximately a four-hour drive along the Great Ocean Road.
3) Besides the Apostles, you can even explore some of the other attractions here along the remarkable stretch of coastline like Bay of Islands, Gibsons Steps, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge.
4) To get spectacular scenery of the Great Ocean Road and to see the famous 12 Apostles and breathtaking coastline you must take the Helicopter Ride. It should be in your to-do list. Or you can ride along pristine beaches or join a horse riding tour to take in some of the Great Ocean Road region's most stunning coastal and rainforest scenery.
5) If you are looking for an adventure then feel the thrill of a tandem skydive from Torquay or Bells Beach, jump on a Segway, or make your way to Avalon Raceway. Opt for fishing or walk the Great Ocean Road region's stunning coastal tracks and ancient rainforest trails and see breathtaking ocean views or dramatic waterfalls. You can even take to the water in the Great Ocean Road region with an abundance of sporting activities from open sea kayaking to riding the ultimate wave by board.